Saturday, June 5, 2010

Inspiration out of no where came to me today


I'm in the bathroom putting on my make-up when a wave of inspiration came to me today. I'm trying to get a job that I have no experience in. It could be that it's a too busy of a job for me because of my injuries. If I could just answer phones all day and make appointments that would be good, but they have to mix it up and have too many things going on at the same time. I do not know how this crossed my mind, but it came to me. I want to get a job that no one can lay me off, and I am not going to be discriminated against because of my age. One of the things I wanted to do when I moved here was to go to school to get a degree in music. I've been here so many years now that school seems unattainable because of the cost, and I don't have a way to pay for it. It costs 3 times more now then it did when I came here. I went to Amazon to see if I could find some Music Theory books that were college books. I couldn't find any, but I did find Music Theory for dummies. I'm going to buy it. Maybe I just need to learn this stuff on my own, because I have a natural ability to teach. I just need to know more theory. I'll clear out my room and fix it up. I'll have lessons with two students at a time. They will each get a half hour piano lesson. The other student will be old enough to read. I'll have a computer set up with theory music games for them to play and learn while they wait. I'll not charge as much as that one person told me to charge. It will be reasonable. Maybe I can take piano lessons from a guy who lives close who has his Masters in Music. If I could build this up again I could have a little income coming in. I never have to retire unless I want to. There are nightmares with this idea. My experience with it is the students forget to come. The parents don't pay. I just don't know. I don't know if I want to do this or not. I had great success teaching in NH but not here. If I had a degree in this I could work in private schools. I would prefer to have a job over this. I've had enough bad experiences to make me not want to do this one. I'm up for improvement on my music abilities though.

No comments:

Post a Comment