Thursday, May 13, 2010

Records Ancient and Modern




I'm doing a study of The Book of Mormon this year. It amazes me how many times I've read the book, and yet each time I read the book I learn more things. In just the 1st Chapter, I found out that Nephi started the record 569 years before Christ was born. Nephi pays tribute to both of his parents, but he gives credit for his education to his father. Nephi wrote the scriptures in reformed Egyptian. If the plates were larger he would have written them in Hebrew. Nephi talks of The King of Babylon. The story is found in 2nd Kings in the Old Testament. According to history, a King takes over Jerusalem, and many people are held captive, or killed. Jerusalem is destroyed. It is a good thing Lehi and his family leave Jerusalem, so that we can have the histroy of The Book of Mormon. Years ago when I had to be bedridden for a year, I studied The
Book of Mormon from my bed. I remember reading and studying the first two books of Nephi. When Nephi got old and passed away, I remember crying my eyes out. It was like I lost a friend, or a family member who had passed away. The people of that time kept their records on gold plates. We today keep records of what goes on in our lives either by blogging, or keeping a journal, or by scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment